Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Coolness!!

Of course I am often reminded of how good God is in my life but wanted to share with the one maybe two people that actually read this blog my exciting news!!

Today I was given a gift that is priceless.....after cleaning up lunch I told Jared he needed to get his math.  I noticed it was quiet and wondered what he and his brother were doing.  They were reading....on their own sitting in the playroom just reading.  For my oldest this is nothing new.  He LOVES to read, always has.  But as we all know for my Jared this is a difficult thing and there he was book in hand totally engrossed in what is going on in the story!!!  As he is getting up(reading and walking at the same time) he asks for five more minutes to read pleeeeeeeeease.  Ummmm, yeah, thinking this is doable!!! 

I asked if he would read me something and tell me what is going on(you know the nonchalant comprehension check) and he proceeds to read an entire page to me with only a couple of errors(and these are simply things he hasn't gone through yet with his tutor or trainer)!!!!  He giggled at the funny stuff and everything!!! 

PRAISE JESUS!!!! 
This is awesome!!!!! 
This is coolness!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Very VERY cool! :-)
    Such a blessing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sharing your joy here. praising Him with you as i know this is no small thing... may it be the beginning of a lifetime of truly enjoying reading and revelling(UK spelling :) in the ability to do so [:

    (and thank you for sharing our joys too :)

    ReplyDelete