Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Miracle

Now I know we are into another year, full of promise, newness and goodwill.  However, I would be remiss if I didn't write about my own personal Christmas miracle!
It started as most Sunday morning prep work for preschool starts.  More holes than expected, more people not well, more needs I can't fill on my own.  If you are thinking I am feeling badly about this, I do not.  I know this is an area that the Lord has used to grow my faith and I know these children will be taught because we don't rely on flesh but on Him who is able to supply all our needs.
Anyway, I digress.  There are several young people, either college or high school, that help out in time of need but alas they were all to be out of town or just not able to help this second Sunday of the month.  I woke that morning knowing I would be needing several workers.  I specifically gave this morning to my Father, all that would be all that was for His glory, His use and asked for ways to show His love to the little people and adults too(of course). 
This morning I went to our youth pastor Ryan and asked if he had any students that would be willing to help.  He asked how many(I said 4) and that he would see what he could do.  I went back to checking attendance records and passing out snack and praying for the people I would need.  10:15 rolled around, that is the time we like the extended workers to be there to allow the Sunday school teachers to get to church, and I began thinking through the rooms. 
All of the sudden I look up and my little preschool foyer has SIX teenage girls, yes, I said S I X girls ready and willing to go wherever they were needed.  Their attitudes were those willing and wanting to serve, their hearts ready to go wherever needed.  It was AMAZING!!!!  As I watched them pile in and look at me, waiting for direction I knew right then and there this was really and truly a Christmas miracle.  Do not think I am saying this lightly I know we usually mean the gift of Christ as a Christmas gift and He is the most important Gift ever.  This morning though the need was great for our preschool department, the response even greater!  We had MORE help than we needed.  I walked around with a smile the rest of the morning. I told them all thank you, I told Ryan thank you....it just didn't seem enough though.  It still amazes me that He opens the floodgates and pours out unique blessing for His children.  So, merry Christmas even with Christmas day officially over for another year, and I hope your life is full of little Christmas miracles year all year round!

1 comment:

  1. i love it! another true, miraculous story for your book of remembrances :)

    oh how He loves us so! He is in every detail and how delighted He must be to see your radiant, smiling face as He reminds you again and again, your cup runneth over because of Him :]

    blessings to you & yours this New Year! and i look forward to the many more amazing stories He will have you tell :}

    and thank you for the encouragement...
    Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thess 5

    ReplyDelete