Monday, November 22, 2010

The little people in my life

Today's multitude Monday thought is on my kids. Not just my own kids but the ones the Lord has placed in my life and my kid's lives.

I am thankful for my 10 year old boy. Strong, learning to be courageous, follower of Christ. Curious, studious, easy to teach. Slightly bossy(ha), impulsive, too sensitive at times. Gentle heart, amazing artist, wonderful writer. Tall, handsome, shy, intriguing.

I am thankful for my 8 year old. Tough, sympathetic, caring. Giving, people pleaser, loving. Quick temper, quick to be unkind, holds grudges(and holds them and holds them and holds them). Story teller, sports boy, snuggler, lover of Christ. Tall, handsome, not shy at all, amazing.

I am thankful for the 5 year old..... Amazing, playful, seeker. Fun, imaginative, content. Disobedient, pusher of boundaries, seeker of her own way. Loving, snuggler, learner of Christ. Beautiful, tall, opinionated, fascinating :)

I am thankful for another set of three..... 8- friend to my boy. Playmate, best buddy, confidant. 6- friend to my boys, loyal, ready to play. 2- fun, loving, silly.

I am thankful for a big "kid"..... Tall, handsome, willing to help. Smart, loyal, fun. The "girls" love him!

I am thankful for yet another set of 3.......13- sensitive, trying to make her way holding to Him, funny, so easy to mess with! 8-she may be 9, I apologize! always ready with a hug, easy smile, fun to be around. 4- a mess, silly, sweet.

I am thankful for 2 special friends...... 11- beautiful, fun, genuine, sweet. 6- goofy, playful, kind.

I am thankful for 2 other special friends......14- funny, beautiful inside and out, partner in crime :) 4- best little friend to my little one, sweet, ready to play, not ready for overnighters though :)

I am thankful for 2 more of the girls in our lives......12- compassionate, kind, gentle, sweet, funny, amazing young woman of God. 9- impulsive, daring, caring, sharing, prayerful, silly, joyful, giggly seeker of His truth. For these two I will always have a special treasure in my heart.

I am thankful for another big kid........13- patient, creative, fun, seeker of who Christ wants her to be.

I am thankful for 2 friends hours away......8- tall, beautiful inside and out, growing in grace. 6- love bug!, playful, truth teller and truth seeker.

The list could go on and on but I must go get dinner prepared now. Know that I am eternally thankful for each child that enters our life, either to stretch my kids and myself or to be a comfort for a season or a lifetime to them. I prayed before they were born they would have great friends and as they get older and expand their boundaries He has given them just what they needed each moment.

I know I am thankful for the childhood friends I have, even when we only lived in an area for a moment. Each friendship has value and eternal consequence....I pray each child that comes through my children's lives will be positively impacted for Christ through us as well.

So with that I say goodnight and thank you to all who make up my childhood friend list, those who I still call friend now, and those who are part of my children's friend lists now.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blogs honey...you should get them published :)

    ek

    ReplyDelete
  2. what wonderful thanks :)

    i so enjoyed the listing.
    thinking on your three and remembering moments from last week that punctuates each distinct quality.
    and following the trail of characteristics to the names of those i know :}

    i join you in praise for childhood friends of days long gone by, today, and those yet to come :)

    ~ ~

    and my smile softens as i read again:

    Each friendship has value and eternal consequence....

    i linger here.
    eternal consequence.
    something so light is so heavy and something so heavy is so light...
    as you, i continue to pray that the eternal consequence always lead to Light :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. haven't heard from you in a bit... looking forward to hearing the next He has you share :}

    ReplyDelete