Monday, November 8, 2010

Facebook | Sometimes you just have to laugh and make a stink all at the same time.

"The kids were not helpful this morning. Not really unusual just kids making their way through the moment, learning as they grow too. The unfortunate consequence was the donuts they were looking forward to were not to be enjoyed. Instead the sweet treat was put in the trash. There was sadness, but a resigned attitude as they all realized this was the consequence they chose.
Hours have now passed......the boys are working on school, my girl has been playing so sweetly with her doll house that has just recently come out of the time out area. I call her to pick her up and hug her close. That's when I notice something......"

Her breath. It smells sweet, like sugary candy or fruit snacks. I ask her what she has been eating. She looks at me strangely and says she doesn't want to be in trouble. I ask her again, this time letting her know I can smell it on her breath. She leans back in my arms, turns her head to the side and tries to only breathe away from me. Then she points. I am thinking it is in the playroom, this item of hers. Then, with eyes wide, I realize she means THE TRASH!! Yes, yes my friends my sweet 5 year old has taken a donut out of the box in the trash as a treat to munch on as she plays.
As I stare at her in disbelief she says to me "Mommy I didn't mean to!" Of course she meant to. I was having a hard time keeping a straight face due to the lunacy of this conversation and the fact that I was dealing with this at all. All I could do was send her to her room so I could get myself together again.
I made my way to the back room where the boys, already laughing, were supposed to be working on their school stuff. I made it to the table before I started cracking up at how ridiculous this whole thing was. That is when my wise oldest child says "Sometimes you just have to laugh and make a stink about something all at the same time."

1 comment:

  1. "Sometimes you just have to laugh and make a stink about something all at the same time."

    !! :) !! :} !! looove it !! :} !! :)

    ReplyDelete